Posing? Never heard of it. Well, I have, but there will be less posing and more directing. I'll help you flow to get you in a relaxed and comfortable state where I can get those authentic images of yourself. Includes individuals, couples and families.
Ok, senior pictures are a time honored tradition, but they don't have to be stuffy! I'll help you achieve some of those timeless images, while also putting a new twist on senior pictures that will make you stand out from the rest of your class.
I love capturing the details of intimate gatherings and beautiful spaces. It could be a courthouse wedding, small party or special location you want documented. Let's chat about how I can capture your life moment just right.
Outside of Des Moines
Unfortunately you're not all in Des Moines (insert sad face emoji), but we can still make magic together. Let me come to you in your hometown or on your vacation - you get me there, and I'll bring the cameras and all the film!
What does a session fee include?
- After booking, I will send you a questionnaire to help get to know you a little bit better. Especially with little ones, this helps so when you arrive for your session, a level of comfort and trust is already there.
- We'll chat to figure out where the best spot is for your pictures. Is it the studio? In your home? A spot around Des Moines? Want me to travel to where you are? There are so many options, and I will help to make sure we've got the perfect spot for the story you want your session to tell.
- Final week check-in for last minute preparation - Outfits! Weather! What to expect! I'll be checking in to make sure any last minute items are addressed and help answer any questions you still have. I want you to show up feeling prepared and ready!
- After your session, you will receive access to a digital gallery where all deliverable images will be available for viewing and immediate download (approximately 3-4 weeks post session).
- Don't let those pictures just sit on your computer - let me help you print them! I work with a professional printer, so all you have to do is tell me what you want and I'll assist you to get it ordered. This includes high-grade everyday prints, fine art prints, photo books and framed images. I design senior invites and family holiday cards upon request.
*50% of the session fee is due at booking. Remaining 50% is due two (2) weeks prior to your session date. All prints and products are purchased separately. There is no minimum purchase required.
Where are you based and do you travel?
I'm based in Des Moines, Iowa (it's the capitol and RAD), so all local session are in the Des Moines metro. But I do travel! Whether that driving to where you are in Iowa, Minnesota or Kansas City, or flying out to you in Seattle, I've got my Real ID license (and passport wink wink), so I'm ready to go. Just tell me when and where. Travel costs are the responsible of the client.
What's included in a session?
I'll pick out a location, scouting something new if I need to, so we have the perfect spot to capture you exactly how you want your story to be told. Not sure what to wear? Don't worry I've got you covered. I'll help you pick out items so you're beautifully coordinated, but not matchy-matchy in khakis and polos. Over the weeks leading up to your session I'll be in touch with a questionnaire that helps me get to know you better, and also just to check in to see what questions you have. I want you to arrive for your session feeling relaxed and excited. By the end of the session we're probably going to be besties and I'll have your stubborn little one as my newest fan because OMG INSTAX FILM IS MAGIC!
But wait there's more! Instead of you paying for digital images after your session for an extra cost, I'm including them in your session fee. That means I deliver a gallery to you where you can instantly download all deliverable images. Easy peasy.
Do you really shoot film pictures?
You bet your bottom dollar I do! I've been shooting film now for nine (!!) years and exclusively for the past six. I am obsessed with the medium and the results you can get with some 35mm. The grain, the emotion, the tones - it's the film. Film also allows me to really have some fun in giving you some unique and fun images with multiple exposures, color shifts and film soup. It's my passion and I'm going to pass it on to you. Note, film is really expensive right now, so even though I hate pricing, I've got to factor it into my session prices. But it's worth it. Trust me.
Wait, Film Soup? What is that?
Film soup is an experimental technique where I shoot a roll of film and then intentionally alter it by soaking it in boiling water and an array of ingredients. The results are wildly unpredictable, so unpredictable I cannot guarantee if for any session, but I sure as heck will try to get it for you. They make for some truly stunning images, taking your family pictures and turning them into true, one-of-a-kind works of art.